For the most updated information, including information about personal exemptions, duty and restricted items please visit the CBSA website.
Coming to Canada
Welcome (back) to Canada
We hope you had a safe journey. This page will help you understand the process to clear Canada’s border.
When you arrive at Edmonton International Airport, you must clear Canada Customs before entering Canada. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is responsible for providing integrated border services, including customs, immigration and luggage inspection.
When you depart your airplane, follow the signage to Canada Border Services or to your connecting flight if Edmonton is not your final destination.
Primary inspection kiosks
Canadian residents and visitors to Canada use Primary Inspection Kiosks (PIK) to clear Customs. These kiosks safely and securely capture your travel information, reduce wait times and streamline services for travellers.
Read and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Scan your passport or travel document
- Take your photo with the kiosk camera
- Verify your fingerprints (only for select foreign nationals and permanent residents)
- Answer the customs declaration on the touchscreen
- Collect your receipt
- Take your receipt to a CBSA officer
Learn more about primary inspection kiosks in this video
Want to save time at the Canadian border?
- Download and use the CanBorder – eDeclaration mobile app to complete your declaration in advance and quickly scan your information at the kiosk
- NEXUS members use dedicated NEXUS kiosks for faster processing
Canadians and permanent residents
The CBSA office is open 24 hours a day.
The CBSA office is located on the southern end of Arrivals Level 1 near door 10.