Flying into EIA
Edmonton International Airport looks forward to border travel restrictions lessening soon.
There are no restrictions or quarantine requirements for travel within Canada and returning to Alberta. Some other Canadian provinces and territories do have quarantine restrictions. Passengers are responsible for knowing the rules of their final destinations. Please consult your airline or the provincial government website of your destination, for additional information.
When travelling to another country from Canada, it is important to check airline and country requirements for Covid testing and restrictions for your destination.
Permanent residents of Canada and US citizens who are fully vaccinated will need to download the ArriveCan app before they return to Canada. Then they need to upload their vaccination proof to the app before they return to Canada and show proof of a negative PCR test.
- These fully vaccinated travellers will not be required to quarantine upon arrival to Canada.
- Children under 12 do not have to quarantine upon arrival in Canada but must travel with a fully vaccinated adult, show a negative PCR test, and avoid large gatherings, school and daycare upon return.
For information about requirements for travellers who have been vaccinated against COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada website for the most up to date information.
EIA has several options for transportation.
- The 747 Edmonton Transit bus is available. Schedule and rate information can be found online via the City of Edmonton.
- Rental vehicles are all open
- Taxis, rideshare and limousine services are available
- Limited service between the city and EIA is available via Ebus scheduled service. Visit myebus.ca for details.
- The on-airport transit now operates as an on-demand service and not a regular route. If you need transportation between the terminal building and another facility on airport property, please call 780-890-8983.