Flying into EIA
Edmonton International Airport welcomes you
Passengers returning from international locations
As of April 20, 2022 fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be subject to random covid-19 testing at EIA. As per Canadian Government regulation, all travellers eligible to enter Canada who do not qualify as fully vaccinated will continue to need a molecular test on Day 1 and Day 8 and will need to quarantine for 14 days.
As of November 30, 2021, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated foreign nationals will only be allowed to enter Canada if they meet the criteria for limited exceptions.
Exempt unvaccinated travellers will continue to be subject to testing, quarantine, and other entry requirements. Non-exempt unvaccinated or partially vaccinated foreign nationals will be prohibited entry into Canada.
Find out if you are eligible to enter Canada here. If you are eligible to enter Canada, follow steps below.
- Complete pre-departure negative COVID-19 testing requirement within 72 hours of boarding your flight to Canada, if required to do so. For a list of accepted tests, visit the Government of Canada website.
- Download the ArriveCAN app on your mobile device in advance.
- If you do not qualify as fully vaccinated and are eligible to enter Canada, Pre-register for your arrival test with Switch Health. It can take up to 15 minutes to register on site or you can pre-register now in just a few minutes.To pre-register, visit ‘Create an account’ for arrival testing.
- Submit mandatory information in the ArriveCAN mobile app or web-based version. For more information or if you need help, visit Canada.ca/ArriveCAN. Reminder: Use the same email address to register for your test and to create your ArriveCAN account. To find out more, visit travel.gc.ca.
- You must show proof of your ArriveCAN submission on the app or website before boarding your flight to Canada.
- Ensure you have proof of vaccination (preferably in physical paper form, rather than digital) with you.
- Upon arriving, have your ArriveCAN submission confirmation and proof of vaccination in hand to clear customs with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) *Note: you may be subject to additional screening.
- Non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers who are allowed to travel under the exemption list regardless of citizenship (including Canada) are required to get a molecular test on Day 1 and Day 8 after arrival. This applies to travellers who have received a vaccine not recognized by the Government of Canada. Government of Canada website for a list of approved vaccines. Please visit the
Informational video for visitors/non-Canadians from Canadian Border Services Agency
Informational video for Canadian citizens from Canadian Border Services Agency
EIA has several options for transportation when arriving.
- The 747 Edmonton Transit bus is available. Schedule and rate information can be found online via the City of Edmonton.
- Rental vehicles are all open
- Taxis, rideshare and limousine services are available
- Limited service between the city and EIA is available via Ebus scheduled service. Visit myebus.ca for details.
- The on-airport transit now operates as an on-demand service and not a regular route. If you need transportation between the terminal building and another facility on airport property, please call 780-890-8983.