Flying into EIA
Edmonton International Airport welcomes you
There are no restrictions or quarantine requirements for travel within Canada and then returning to Alberta. Some other Canadian provinces and territories do have quarantine restrictions. You can find out more here. Passengers are responsible for knowing the rules of their final destinations. Please consult your airline or the government website of your destination, for additional information.
When travelling to another country from Canada, it is important to check airline and country requirements for COVID-19 testing and restrictions for your destination. Links to many of the most common destinations for you here.
Alberta is currently in state of public health emergency. The Government of Alberta has a mask mandate for all indoor spaces within Alberta. When visiting non-essential businesses, please be aware you may be required to show proof of vaccination to enter the business under Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program. More information on public health actions being taken and the Restrictions Exemption program is available from the Government of Alberta.
Passengers returning from the U.S. or international locations
Find out if you are eligible to enter Canada here. If you are eligible to enter Canada, follow steps below.
- If you are not vaccinated against COVID-19 or partially vaccinated, register for a COVID-19 arrival test at no cost, up to five days before arrival. If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to register but may be randomly selected for a take home test supplied by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Complete pre-departure negative COVID-19 testing requirement within 72 hours of boarding. For a list of accepted tests, visit the Government of Canada website.
- Download the ArriveCAN app on your mobile device in advance.
- Submit mandatory travel information using the ArriveCan App or website version, up to three days before arrival.
- You must show proof of your ArriveCAN submission on the app or website before boarding your flight to Canada.
- Ensure you have proof of vaccination (preferably in physical paper form, rather than digital) with you.
- Upon arriving, have your ArriveCAN submission confirmation and proof of vaccination in hand to clear customs with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) *Note: you may subject to additional screening.
- Non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers of any citizenship (including Canada) are required to proceed to the testing area.
- This applies to travellers who have received a vaccine not recognized by the Government of Canada.
- Approved vaccines currently include:
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
- There is no cost for the test.
- Children under 12 do not have to quarantine upon arrival in Canada but must travel with a fully vaccinated adult, show a negative PCR test, and avoid large gatherings, school and daycare upon return.
For information about requirements for travellers who have been vaccinated against COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada website for the most up to date information.
EIA has several options for transportation.
- The 747 Edmonton Transit bus is available. Schedule and rate information can be found online via the City of Edmonton.
- Rental vehicles are all open
- Taxis, rideshare and limousine services are available
- Limited service between the city and EIA is available via Ebus scheduled service. Visit myebus.ca for details.
- The on-airport transit now operates as an on-demand service and not a regular route. If you need transportation between the terminal building and another facility on airport property, please call 780-890-8983.