Your cargo: any size, on-time and anywhere
EIA is the 5th busiest airport in Canada and boasts the largest landmass of any airport in Canada. Our full-service cargo operation increases in volume every year.
Agriculture, energy and industrial sectors contribute to our local economy, making EIA an important centre for shipping products worldwide.
We have invested in cargo infrastructure to meet the growing demand for reliable and efficient cargo services. We provide:
- 11 airlines offering cargo services
- 8 integrated couriers or freighter carriers
- 3 independent cargo handlers
- More than 40 freight forwarders and customs brokers
- 6 cargo-handling terminals (including 3 with coolers and freezers)
- Infrastructure that handles massive loads, accommodating the world’s largest cargo aircraft, the AN 124, and recognized by Boeing for supporting 747-8 revenue operations
- Bonded warehousing and industrial cargo expertise for heavy and oversized oil, gas, oil sands and mining loads. Also, live animal handling capable.
- 24/7 operations with no noise restrictions, curfews, operational or slot restrictions
- Fully-integrated support services, equipment and facilities. We move shipments, aircraft and crew quickly and efficiently
- Rapid 24-hour customs allowing quick entry and exit of your shipments within the Port Alberta Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), reducing trade barriers and enhancing access to Canadian markets
- Fresh Cargo Centre, with 5,000 square feet of refrigerated warehouse space and direct airside access. Ideally suited for perishables and cold storage handling to support CEIV certification for pharma and fresh handling for meat, fruit and produce.
- Forward Thinking: First airport cargo community in Canada to receive the IATA Center of Excellence for Independent Validators (CEIV) in Pharmaceutical Logistics
- Lower operating costs, among the lowest in Canada, including economical aviation fees, warehousing and real estate rates, handling charges, fuel costs and trucking rates
- Convenient location for efficient and economical onward logistics. Within minutes of Nisku Industrial Park, Alberta’s principal highways and two intermodal rail yards that provide inland and marine container service
- Excellent on-time performance
Edmonton’s world-class cargo operation
EIA Cargo can handle the world’s largest cargo aircraft. We are continually adding new cargo certifications and partnerships. Refer to the embedded YouTube video in order to watch EIA’s cargo village in action.