Why YEG? Edmonton International Airport (YEG) offers a revenue-generating and low-cost freighter gateway for cargo flights
– 5th largest airport by passenger volume and the largest land mass of any airport in Canada with over $1.3 billion in on-airport development and $36M cargo expansion underway
– inland port with uncongested access by rail from Prince Rupert and Vancouver and onward by air or truck to all points in Canada and the US
– two-way cargo demand to support cargo freighters and belly cargo opportunity for passenger operations
– 24/7/365 uncongested operations with no curfews or operating restrictions
– Low fuel, landing and operating costs. Now open: Shell Aviation for efficient refueling
– On-site customs with efficient, quick clearance within the Port Alberta Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
– Cargo Care, your fresh and safe gateway: Fresh Cargo Centre, with 5,000 square feet of refrigerated warehouse space.
- Temperature control from +25C to -90C and direct airside access.
- The only airport community in Canada certified by the global industry standard for pharmaceutical logistics: IATA CEIV Pharma
- Expertise in live animal handling
– Efficient and economical onward logistics. Within minutes of Nisku Industrial Park, direct access to the CANAMEX corridor to the US and Mexico and two intermodal rail yards that provide inland and marine container service
– Airport City Sustainability Campus: first airport in the world to sign The Climate Pledge and future home of the world’s largest on-airport solar farm – Airport City Solar
–Innovative: first airport in Canada to start commercial cargo drone delivery trials
Edmonton’s world-class cargo operation
Find out where Edmonton is, more about our market and see our operations in action.