YEG is driven by our commitment to excellence in our internal operations and external partnerships.
We’re honoured to be recognized by these awards.
2023 – Airports Council International – ACI Accessibility Enhancement Accreditation Level 3
Edmonton International Airport (YEG) is pleased to be recognized with the highest level of accreditation (Level 3) in the Airports Council International (ACI) – Accessibility Enhancement Accreditation program. YEG is committed to creating an Airport for Everyone, and this accreditation program proactively guides us in enhancing our community’s airport experience and establishing an inclusive culture for all.
2023 – Richard A Griesbach Award – Excellence in Airport Concessions in North America
We’re proud to announce that Edmonton International Airport won the Richard A Griesbach Award for Excellence in Airport Concessions in North America at last night’s Airports Council International North America gala!
Being recognized by industry peers and business partners is instrumental in our continued leadership in commercial development.
A heartfelt thank you goes out to our incredible team, partners, and passengers for joining us on this fantastic journey. Together, let’s keep soaring even higher.
2023 – Edmonton Tourism Awards – Great Place To Work Award
YEG won Edmonton Tourism’s prestigious Great Place to Work Award, recognizing our team of passionate people who contribute to creating a safe, secure, accessible and welcoming experience at Edmonton International Airport.
2023 – 44th ACE Awards – ACE Award of Merit
YEG AR won the ACE Award of Merit in the Annual Report category at the 44th ACE Awards.
2023 – AX Awards Gala – Airport Experience Awards
- The 2023 Airport Experience Awards recognized excellence in airport concessions throughout North America.
- Congratulations to our concessions team for winning two major awards at the Airport Experience Conference this year: Airport with the Best Commercial Management Team, and Best Bar Experience for The Canadian Brewhouse, operated by ECG Ventures.
- We were also finalists in four other categories: Airport, Outstanding Woman in Leadership – Daphne Shelton; Airport with the Best Overall Concessions Program; Airport with the Best Program Design; Best Local Inspired Restaurant – The Canadian Brewhouse.
2022 – ACI World Public Health & Safety Readiness Accreditation
- Edmonton International Airport (YEG) is pleased to be the first airport in North America to be accredited in the Airports Council International – ACI World Public Health & Safety Readiness Accredited program. YEG always puts safety and security first. This program proactively guides us in protecting everyone who works in or travels through our airport.
2022 – The International Air Cargo Association TIACA – Corporate Sustainability Award
YEG’s Airport City Sustainability Campus won The International Air Cargo Association TIACA’s 2022 Corporate Sustainability Award. Our Cargo team accepted this distinguished award at the Air Cargo Forum in Miami.
- Thank you TIACA for recognizing our efforts to drive sustainability innovations in the air cargo industry. Our Airport City Sustainability Campus is a catalyst in leading the way in sustainability and airport decarbonization, including a greener future for the air cargo industry.
2022 – Pride of Ground Handling Award – Sustainability Award
- YEG is honoured to receive the Sustainability Award in Ground Handling International’s Pride of Ground Handling Awards. It is a privilege to be recognized for our work at YEG’s Airport City Sustainability Campus by our highly respected peers in the air cargo and ground handling industry. It takes a collaborative effort to take giant leaps toward a greener future.
2022 – Airports Council International – ACA certification
YEG achieved certification under Airports Council International’s Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA) programme:
- YEG is committed to reducing climate change. We are a member of the international Airport Carbon Accreditation program and have received Level 1 certification twice. We are one of 151 airports worldwide certified for mapping and studying our carbon footprint, determining emissions sources within our operational boundary and calculating the annual carbon emissions.
2021 – ACE (Ad Club of Edmonton) Awards
- A couple of weeks ago, YEG won an award of distinction for our 2020 ‘Resilience’ annual report at the ACE (Advertising Club of Edmonton) annual awards night. Nice to showcase YEG within our region. This annual report is a testament to the tenacity of the Edmonton International Airport and its team of dedicated employees during COVID. YEG found new ways to turn challenges into opportunities while always being mindful of the customer experience. Big and bold illustrations and hopeful words underscored this achievement.
2021 – Airports Council International – “The Voice of the Customer” recognition
Congratulations to Management
- YEG received “The Voice of the Customer” recognition from ACI World – for demonstrating relentless efforts in gathering passenger feedback to better understand customers during 2021 (ASQ Airport Service Quality surveying). This new recognition is a complement to the ASQ Awards and recognizes airports who have continued to prioritize passenger engagement and listening to concerns, even during the pressures of the COVID pandemic.
2020 – IABC Capital Awards
- International Association of Business Communicators – Edmonton chapter Capital Awards
Award of Merit for Publications category for 2018 Annual Report.
2020 – Gordon R. McGregor Trophy
- The National Awards Committee of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association (RCAFA), on behalf of its over 6,000 national members, has awarded the Edmonton Regional Airports Authority (EIA) the Gordon R. McGregor Trophy for 2020 in recognition of outstanding and meritorious achievement by Canadians in the field of air transportation for being leaders in adopting Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS or drones) into a mixed environment with commercial piloted air traffic.
2020 – Critical Event Management Impact Award
- YEG team won for ‘Saving Critical Time’ for its use of the Everbridge system to coordinate staff and regional resources in how it responds to potential emergency situations.
2020 – Airports Council International – Marketing and Communications awards
- Best Annual Report
- Best Social Media campaign
2020 – Airport Health Accreditation Programme
- EIA has been accredited by Airports Council International (ACI) under its rigorous Airport Health Accreditation Programme. The accreditation means YEG is meeting high standards on how it has responded to COVID-19 and passenger safety concerns.
2020 – Airport Experience Award
- On March 4, 2020, Edmonton International Airport was recognized in the category of ‘Airport with the Best Overall Program’ at The Airport Experience Awards ceremony, held at the Gaylord Rockies Convention Center in Denver, CO
2019 – Balchen/Post Award
- Awarded for outstanding snow and ice control at an airport
2019 – Canadian Parking Association Awards
- Canadian Parking Foundation – Ed Keate Award
2019 – Maintenance Team of the Year
Awarded to YEG for national excellence in maintenance programs.
2019 – ACI-NA Concessions Awards
- Best Retail Program – Medium Airport 1st Place
- Best Food & Beverage Program – Medium Airport 2nd Place
2019 – Alberta’s Top 75 Employers
Topping up maternity benefits to 93% and encouraging fitness are just two of the reasons why YEG is a Top Alberta Employer.
Learn more about why Edmonton Airports is a Top Employer:
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2010
2018 – Airports Council International North America (ACI-NA) Marketing and Communications Awards
- Annual Report – Honourable Mention
- Community Outreach: International Student Welcome Program – Honourable Mention
- Newsletters: YEG rewards – Honourable Mention
2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2010, 2009, 2008
2018 – Marketing Excellence Alto Award – Marketing Partnership
“KLM Sneeuwzeker Deals” – Edmonton Tourism, Edmonton International Airport, Tourism Jasper & Marmot Basin
2018 National Philanthropy Day Awards
YEG was recognized by Youth Empowerment Support Services (YESS) for our ongoing support.
Airports Council International (ACI) Awards
- 2017 Airport Carbon Accreditation Level 1 (excellence in managing and reducing C02 emissions)
- 2017 First Place for Best Retail Program
- 2017 Second Place for Best Food and Beverage Program
- Past Awards: 2012, 2010
- 2016 – Safety Partner Recognition Award Ceremony
- 2016 ‘Best Airport by Region’
Additional 2017 Awards
ACE (Advertising Club of Edmonton) Awards: Annual Report 2015
Additional 2016 Awards
Marketing Mag Marketing Award 2016: Annual Report 2014 ‘Non-stop’
Airport Revenue News 2016:
- Best Concessions Management Team (March)
- Best performing airport in North America in terms of sales per enplaned passenger (excluding duty free)
ACE (Advertising Club of Edmonton) Awards 2016: Annual Report 2014, Brand Pride Book
LEED® Gold certification 2016: Expansion 2012 and Central Tower
- YEG was the first Canadian airport to receive this level of recognition
BOMA Certificate of Building Excellence 2016: Air Terminal Building
- This rigorous certification program involves a written submission and an on-site visit. Evaluation is based on: building management and operations, community impact, tenant relations, energy and environment management, emergency preparedness and training building personnel.
BOMA The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) 2016: Air Terminal Building
- The TOBY® Awards is the most prestigious and comprehensive program in the commercial real estate industry recognizing quality in commercial real estate buildings and rewarding excellence in building management.
Additional 2015 Awards
Building Engineering Award of Excellence 2015: Edmonton International Airport Offices and Control Tower
IABC Awards 2015: Award of Merit ‘YEG Brand Pride Book’
ACE (Advertising Club of Edmonton) Awards 2015: Annual Report
Government of Alberta Certificate of Recognition for excellence in occupational health and safety
The Certificate of Recognition (COR™) is an occupational health and safety program accreditation for industry employers aimed at reducing the human and financial costs associated with workplace accidents and injuries.
Venture Publishing Inc Alberta’s Best Workplace 2015 – Health & Safety
Additional 2014 Awards
Certificate of Building Excellence 2014: Central Tower
The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) 2014: Central Tower
Additional 2013 Awards
Ad Club of Edmonton (ACE) Award of Distinction, Art Direction 2013: Christmas Campaign
Percy Wickman Accessibility Award 2013: for Expansion 2012
Mayor’s Award for Architectural Design Accessibility 2013