Holiday Travel Tips from YEG
The holiday season is one of the busiest times at the airport. Here is a handy guide with airport travel tips for a smooth journey through YEG. Safety and security are our top priorities and we look forward to getting you on your way.
If you prefer to drive your own vehicle there are plenty of parking options for you. We recommend you book in advance and reserve your spot. Visit our parking page here.
Edmonton Transit System Route 747 can get you and your luggage to YEG in just 17 minutes from the Century Park LRT station for only $5. You can even enjoy free Wi-Fi on the bus.
Leduc Transit #10 can take you between the City of Leduc and YEG.
On Airport transit services are available to get you around the airport.
Airport Taxi Service, Co-op Taxi Line, Greater Edmonton Taxi Service, 24-7 Taxi Line and Air Limousine service work with YEG to get you to and from your flight without delay.
Uber can now take you between YEG and anywhere in the Edmonton Metro Region.
Car rentals at YEG are available from Alamo, AVIS, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Arrive early to the airport – a minimum of 2 hours ahead of your domestic flight and 3 hours ahead of your international flight.
It is a good idea to check your flight status online before you leave home.
We recommend checking-in online through your airline’s website.
Save time by booking your spot in the security screening line using YEG EXPRESS.
Holiday packing tips
Tips for a smooth process through security.
- Remove your jacket
- If you are travelling with gifts, leave them unwrapped as they may need to be inspected
- Place all personal items in bins provided
- Remove your laptop and put it in a separate tray container
- Separate your liquids, gels and aerosols apart from your other belongings
- All liquids, aerosols and gels need to be in volumes of 100mL or less, separated from your other belongings, and placed together in a clear, 1L resealable bag
- Have your boarding pass ready for verification
After you clear security screening, it’s time to find your gate. Here is a terminal map so you can plan ahead.
Grab a drink or bite to eat and browse through our shops and duty-free. Here is a directory of what is available.
Travelling with kids? We have kids play areas in the following locations:
- by Gate 16 (after security in Domestic-International Departures)
- by Gate 68 (after security in Domestic-International Departures)
- by Gate 88 (after security in US Departures)
An Airport For Everyone
YEG is striving to be an Airport for Everyone. We offer many accessibility services and programs including accessible parking, curbside assistance, mobility aids and special equipment, pet relief areas and much more.
Learn more about our many airport services and accessibility programs.
If you have any questions that are not answered here, please contact us online on our social media channels Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter or in the terminal at the Information Booth located on Arrivals Level close to Door 7. We also have a FAQ section on our website for additional information.