Hours of operation
Enjoy the flavours of YEG at home. Try the delicious Singapore Cashew Bowl recipe.
Singapore Cashew Bowl – Yields: 1 bowl
To make the sauce you will need:
500 ml hoisin sauce
250 ml sriracha sauce
5 oz peanut butter
In a pot, mix ingredients over low-medium heat and add water to reach desired thickness.
Sauce yields 1L.
To make the bowl you will need:
8 oz Hokkien noodles
½ lb choice of protein
6 tbsp Singapore Cashew sauce
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 cup of vegetables, sliced (carrots, bok choy, onions, broccoli, peppers)
1 tbsp oil
Garnish: green onions, bean sprouts, cilantro, crushed cashews, lime wedge
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add protein choice to the pan. Stir-fry until protein is cooked.
- Add vegetables and garlic to the pan. Stir-fry for approximately one minute.
- Add sauce and stir until sauce is fully incorporated.
- Meanwhile, boil some hot water. Place noodles into the boiling water until they begin to loosen up. Let cook for approximately 10 seconds, then drain.
- Add noodles (make sure excess water is drained) into the pan. Toss or stir until fully incorporated.
- Pull the noodles into a large bowl, allowing vegetables and protein to fall on top of the noodles.
- Garnish with crushed cashews, bean sprouts, cut green onions, cilantro and a lime wedge.