YEG Accessibility Advisory Council
Are you passionate about accessible travel? Do you have experience with disability and accessibility? Edmonton International Airport (YEG) is recruiting new members for the YEG Accessibility Advisory Council.
As an airport for everyone, we continually work to create a barrier-free environment for travellers, visitors and team members with disabilities. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are essential to driving positive change. As a member of the committee, you will work closely with the YEG Passenger Experience Team to identify barriers, provide feedback, problem solve and participate in various projects and initiatives related to accessibility at YEG.
Who we’re looking for
We welcome applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Whether you have a personal connection to accessibility, professional expertise, or a passion for advocating for disability rights, we want to hear from you.
- Make a difference by contributing to meaningful accessibility initiatives at YEG.
- Gain insight and experience into the different components of accessibility at YEG.
- Build relationships with other professionals who share your passion for accessibility
How to apply
- Attend 4 council meetings per year (in-person and virtual attendance available).
- Provide valuable insights and recommendations on accessibility matters.
- Collaborate with fellow council members and partners.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of accessibility initiatives.
- Evaluate and test various in-person airport features, during renovations, construction or other projects where YEG requires feedback from those with accessibility experience.
- Attend and represent YEG at occasional in-person accessibility events. This may include participating in videos, marketing and social media activities to promote accessibility at YEG.
- Council members are compensated for their time. Each council member will receive $100 per meeting attended, for an annual total of $400 per committee member, per year.
- Council members will also receive free standard parking anytime they come to the airport.