Parking Terms and Conditions
Edmonton International Airport (EIA) PARKING
Booking And Payment Terms
These are the terms and conditions upon which we accept bookings on line at one of our Car Parks. It is important that you read them and understand them before completing your Booking.
Our Conditions of Parking also apply and form part of the same contract that is created by a Booking. These are set out below. Again please read them and understand them before completing your Booking.
When reading these Booking and Payment Terms the following words or phrases have the following meanings:-
- “Booking” means any booking for the parking of a Vehicle at a Car Park and includes both a Flexible Booking and a Non-Flexible Booking.
- “Booking Fee” means the charges made for making a Booking. The Booking Fee may consist of:-
- a charge for using a credit card (condition 8.2);
- any other fees or charges which you are notified of before you confirm your booking.
- The Booking Fee is separate from, and in addition to, the price you pay for parking.
- “Booking and Payment Terms” means these booking and payment terms.
- “Booking Period” means the period commencing with the date that you specify as your date of entry to the “Car Park, and ending on the date that you specify for leaving it.
- “Car Parks” means the parking lots controlled by us and “Car Park” shall be interpreted accordingly.
- “Conditions of Parking” means the conditions of parking published on our website at www.flyeia.com
- “Rate Board” means any board or notice at a Car Park displaying the charges to be paid for parking.
- “Flexible Booking” means a Booking which can be cancelled in accordance with Edmonton International Airport”s (EIA) Parking standard cancellation policy.
- “Non-Flexible Booking” means a Booking which cannot be cancelled or amended save for Permissible Amendments.
- “Permissible Amendments” means only amendments to:-
- time of entry but only on the Booking commencement date
- vehicle registration details;
- flight details;
- driver details;
- “Vehicle” means any vehicle which is parked in a Car Park and includes any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.
- “We, us, our” means Edmonton Airports.
- “Value Park” means a service operated by YEG where you park your own vehicle in a long-term surface lot just next to the Airport”s Parkade
- “Easy Parkade” means a service where you park your own vehicle in the Parkade just adjacent to the main Airport Terminal
- “Executive Park” means a service where you park your own vehicle in a specific area within YEG”s Parkade where you have easy access to the main terminal”s departures level.
- “Express Valet” means a service where you park your vehicle in the designated area on the arrivals ramp and check in at the Ground Transportation Office.
- “QuickPark North” and “Quick Park South” means a service located on 36 Street and 53 Ave where customers must pay for parking using the kiosk, pay by phone, or online app (KERB).
- “You, your” means any person who makes a Booking or (where the context allows) uses a Car Park for the parking of a Vehicle.
The headings are for information only and do not affect the interpretation of these Booking and Payment Terms.
These Booking and Payment Terms and any Booking resulting from them are subject to Canadian law.
2. The Agreement between you and us
- 2.1 These Booking and Payment Terms apply to your Booking.
- 2.2 We intend relying on both the Booking and Payment Terms. If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with please discuss this with us before you make your Booking
- 2.3 Our employees or authorized agents are not permitted to make any representations unless these are confirmed in writing. If we agree changes please ask us to confirm them in writing. We can then avoid problems over what has been agreed between us.
- 2.4 Nothing in these Booking and Payment Terms affects your statutory rights.
- 2.5 If you book online a binding agreement will exist between you and us after you have transmitted a completed booking form to us and we have sent our e-mail acknowledgement to you in accordance with condition 3 below.
3. How to Book Online
- 3.1 If you wish to park your Vehicle in one of our Car Parks and wish to book online please complete and send your booking form to us.
- 3.2 Once we have received your completed booking form we will send an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you have given on the booking form. That e-mail will include a booking reference which you need to quote if you want to contact us about your Booking. The Booking will be completed when we send that email. You will not be charged for this e-mail.
- 3.3 In the event that you cannot provide us with an e-mail address for this purpose, we will post the confirmation to you at the mailing address you provide on the booking form. An additional fee (which is specified on the booking form) is payable for every confirmation notice that is mailed to you. The Booking is made when we post that confirmation to you.
- 3.4 Please check straight away that the information given on the Booking acknowledgment is correct. Let us know immediately if it is not. Our contact details are set out below.
- 3.5 The Booking is personal to the person making it. It cannot be transferred to any other person.
- 3.6 You can choose to receive your booking confirmation number via SMS text message as well as an email. The fee for the SMS message will be taken at the time of payment for parking and will be part of the total transaction value. The cost of the SMS text message is non-refundable. If you choose to receive the SMS text message, up to 3 messages will be sent advising of your car park purchase based on the postal code given for your home address and the postal code of Edmonton Airports. The SMS text message service is provided by a third party and Edmonton Airports cannot be held responsible for the information passed within the messages. For complaints or questions regarding the SMS text message service you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you book online, we may send e-mails to you that are relevant to your Booking. We may also send to you details of future car parking offers. If you do not want to receive such e-mails, please tell us by e-mailing us at email@example.com
4. Change to the Booking Period
- 4.1 No refund will be made if your stay is shorter than the Booking Period. If you arrive early or leave late so your Vehicle is parked in a Car Park on days outside the Booking Period, you will be charged for those extra days at the rate specified on the Rate Board applicable to the Car Park in which you have parked. This will be the case even if your total stay is no longer than the Booking Period. Please note that the rate that you are charged for this extra stay will be the rate that would have been charged for it had you not pre-booked. In the case of Value Park, Easy Parkade, Executive Park, Express Valet, QuickPark North, and QuickPark South, additional days stayed in excess of the period for which you have booked will be charged at the posted rates.
- 4.2 If your Booking is a Non-Flexible Booking and for any reason you enter the Car Park on any day other than the Booking commencement date, you will be charged for the whole duration of your stay at the rate specified on the Rate Board as if you had not pre-booked. This charge will apply instead of the price quoted for the Non-Flexible Booking and in addition to any Booking Fee you have already paid.
5. Booking Disabled Spaces
YEG has disabled spaces for use by special needs badge holders, but unfortunately we cannot accept bookings specifically for disabled spaces. If you have any particular requirements, please contact a member of staff on arrival. There is a help button and assistance contact number at the entrance to every Car Park.
6. Cancelling or Amending a Booking
- 6.1 If your Booking is a Flexible Booking you may cancel your Booking, for any reason, at any time up to the start of the Booking Period. Your credit card will automatically be refunded with the amount of your purchase.
- 6.2 If you have a non Flexible Booking and want to cancel it, you must contact us (our contact details are below). There are various ways you can cancel though in each case you need to quote your name, address, vehicle description, booking reference, and Booking Period.
- Cancellation or Amendment on line
You can cancel or amend your Flexible Booking on line at www.flyeia.com by clicking on “Manage My Booking”. There will be no additional charge for this.
We recommend that you e-mail or telephone us or cancel or amend on line. You can write to us though if you do your cancellation will not take effect until we receive your letter. Therefore, you take the risk of your letter being delayed or lost in the post. We suggest that if you do cancel by post, you telephone us in good time to check that we have received your cancellation.
Amendments to the Booking Period may incur an additional fee or partial refund to cover the new Booking Period. Any such fee or refund will be debited or credited at the time of processing.
- 6.3 You will be charged in full for your Flexible Booking if you:
6.3.1 do not cancel your Booking before the start of the Booking Period (though cancellation may be subject to an administration fee referred to in Condition 6.1);
6.3.2 arrive at the Car Park later than the start of the Booking Period; or
6.3.3 leave the Car Park before the end of the Booking Period.
- 6.4 If your Booking is a Non-Flexible Booking you may not cancel for any reason, for example flight delays or cancellations or closure of the Airport or Car Parks. We may at our discretion agree to a request for cancellation though where we do so we will deduct an administration fee not exceeding $10.00 from the price you paid for the Non-Flexible Booking. We will not refund any applicable Booking Fee.
- 6.5 We do not refund the Booking Fee under any circumstances if you cancel or amend a Booking or if you do not use the Car Park.
7. Prices and How to Pay
- 7.1 The price that you are quoted includes GST and is fixed when you make your Booking.
- 7.2 You can pay for your Booking by using any of the credit cards that we accept. Details are shown on the booking form. We may charge for the use of credit cards, and the charge may vary according to which card you use. We do not accept payment by cash or cheque.
8. What to do on Arrival
8.1 We do not issue tickets. When you arrive at YEG Car Park (Value Park, Easy Parkade, Executive Park or Express Valet), you will need to insert at the barrier the same credit card that you used to make payment. You must do exactly the same when you leave. Please contact us (our contact details are below) if this is not possible (for example because the card that you used to make the booking has been stolen in the meantime). If you enter the Car Park using a different payment card to the one used to make your booking you will incur an additional charge at the rate shown on the Rate Board upon exit. At QuickPark North and QuickPark South, you are required to pay at the kiosk, pay by phone, or through the online app (KERB) for the duration of your stay.
8.2 Please ensure you follow the instructions on your Booking confirmation carefully. Your Booking is valid only for the Car Park for which you have paid. Use of a Car Park different to the one for which you have booked will incur an additional charge at the rate shown on the Rate Board upon exit
8.3 If you enter the Car Park using a different payment card from that used to make the Booking, or if you park in a Car Park different from that which you have booked, any refunds will be made entirely at our discretion. If we do make a refund this will only be for the amount of the cheaper product. You will also incur a “5.00 administration fee.
9. Vehicles Permitted in our Car Parks
- 9.1 We only accept Bookings for cars, vans and light trucks. You are not entitled to a refund if your Vehicle exceeds the size limits we impose. Please contact us (our contact details are below) if you wish to check whether your Vehicle will be accepted.
- 9.2 When you book you may be required to specify the make, type, and registration number of the Vehicle to which the Booking relates. You may change these details at any time before you arrive at the Car Park.
10. Our Responsibility to You
- 10.1 Once you have booked and we have received payment for that Booking, you are entitled to park the designated Vehicle in your selected Car Park.
- 10.2 In exceptional circumstances we may not be able to accommodate you in your chosen Car Park. If this happens we will if we can upgrade you to a more expensive Car Park at no additional charge. If we cannot do this and you have to park in a less expensive Car Park, we will refund the difference in price to you.
- 10.3 On very rare occasions we may not be able to accommodate you at all. If this happens, we will let you know as soon as possible and we will try and make alternative arrangements for you. We will do this at our cost. To compensate you for any inconvenience we will also give you a full refund (including a refund of the Booking Fee), but that will be the full extent of our liability to you in these circumstances.
- 10.4 You should also read the following conditions for further examples of circumstances in which we will have no liability to you.
11. Check in Time
- 11.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that you leave enough time to get from your Vehicle to check-in within the time limits required by your airline. You must allow for delays in waiting for transport between the Car Park and the terminal building. We recommend that you arrive at the Car Park at least an hour before your check-in time.
- 11.2 Under no circumstances do we accept liability to you if you miss your flight, even if the delay is due to traffic congestion within or near to the Airport, or due to the advertised frequency of transport from the Car Park to the terminal not being maintained for any reason.
- 11.3 We give no guarantee as to the frequency of transport between Car Parks and the terminal building in any event.
12. Comments and Complaints
- 12.1 Any comments – good or bad – relating to the booking procedure should be made in writing to us at our address below or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you feel the need to complain, please give us as much information as possible. This will make it easier for us to deal with your complaint. For complaints please contact us via the “contact us” section of our website at email@example.com.
- 12.2 We will try and answer all complaints within 5 working days. If we cannot, we will tell you when we expect to be able to do so. If you want to make a complaint, please do so as quickly as possible as the longer you leave it the more difficult it may be for us to check what happened.
13. How to Contact Us
E-mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone us on : 780-890-8527 (between 08:00 and 15:00 hours Monday-Friday excluding public holidays)
Write to us at:
Parking and Ground Transportation
PO Box 9860