Edmonton International Airport, in partnership with Numi Health, offers rapid COVID-19 screening for passengers who may require a negative COVID-19 screening result in order to travel to a specific destination.
There are two kinds of tests available:
- Rapid screening conducted by an antigen test with results provided within 30 minutes
- A PCR test with the sample taken at EIA, sent to a medical laboratory with results emailed within 24-48 hours
The hours of operations are 8am-5pm Monday-Friday as of Monday, Aug. 2.
Passengers are responsible for knowing which kind of test they may require and should consult their airline in advance or research their destination. Additional information is also available on the Government of Canada website. Links to international consulates with additional information is also available on our website.
How to get a test
- Book your appointment online at the Numi Health website.
- Arrive early enough at the airport to account for this screening test
- Go to the screening location, between Doors 26-27 on the Departures Level of the terminal
- Register with Numi Health and have the screening test done.
- If you are booking an antigen test, please wait for your results documentation before leaving the immediate area. If you are having a PCR test, results will be sent to you via email at a later point.
Results of the antigen rapid screening test are shared only with the person being tested. If you have a positive result from the antigen rapid screening test, please leave the terminal building, return home and contact Alberta Health Services to determine your next step.
- Read the Edmonton International Airport news release
- Numi Health
- Screening for front-line airport employees
Other testing options
The Alberta International Border Testing program for arriving passengers is currently on hold until flights outside of Canada resume at EIA.
A rapid test program with Edmonton company GLC-Medical is still planned for a future date.