Mountains, ocean and urban oasis
Vancouver is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts and cosmopolitan adventurers alike as British Columbia’s largest city. Close to 30 kilometres of uninterrupted waterfront paths surround Vancouver’s favourite neighbourhoods, including the seawall around Stanley Park.
Learn more about this destination
Top Things to Do
Vancouver is one of the world’s best locations for whale watching. Spot pods of whales from a high-speed zodiac, fully equipped cruiser, kayak or seaplane. Click here to see a list of tour operators.
Bigger than New York’s Central Park
Stanley Park is Vancouver’s most popular green space and home to the Vancouver Aquarium. Rent a bike and explore along the sea wall or have a picnic in the park. Next, explore more than 30 exhibits with 50,000 animals ranging from the Tropics to the Arctic at the Vancouver Aquarium.
An art lovers dream destination
Granville Island is filled with many galleries, theatres, studios and workshops. Grab a bite for lunch at one of the vendors inside the much-loved Granville Island Public Market, or one at of the many excellent restaurants on the island.
Appreciate nature from three breathtaking perspectives at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, with its namesake bridge swaying 450 ft (135 m) above the Capilano River. The park is also home to the CLIFFWALK cantilevered walkway jutting out over the canyon.
See jaw-dropping majestic nature unfold you ascend via aerial tram to the summit of Grouse Mountain. Just 15 minutes from the city’s downtown core this alpine playground features a wildlife refuge, variety of dining options, thrilling outdoor adventure, summer activities galore and the best in local snow sports.
Not just a ski resort
Just a two-hour drive from downtown Vancouver, Whistler is internationally known as one of the world’s leading ski resorts. Whistler is a year-round destination, with festivals, activities and fun for every season.
Still can’t decide what to see? Check out these itineraries
Vancouver Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
- Watch playful otters or graceful jelly fish on Vancouver Aquarium’s live camera.
- Escape with a virtual tour of Vancouver’s Art Gallery from the comfort of your home or check out their website for more information on their galleries.
- Grouse Mountain’s bear cam allows you to take a live sneak peak or a time lapse view inside a Grizzly bear’s den.
- Take an interactive virtual tour around Vancouver.
- Experience an unforgettable view of Vancouver’s rainforest with a 3D virtual tour of the Greenheart TreeWalk at UBC Botanical Garden.