Prince George, BC
Basecamp to the North
Find yourself in the wild playground that is Prince George – a city full of local flavour and northern culture. An urban centre that flourishes in nature. Prince George is adrenaline aware, thrill obsessed and explorer ready.
Learn more about this destination
Top Things to Do
North of the Noise
Prince Georg is surrounded by over 100+ lakes within a 100km radius. For anglers, it’s an opportunity to target wild rainbow trout or angle for graylings, burbot, whitefish and char. To learn more, click here.
Thrilling mountain and downhill riding awaits. Mountain bikers seeking a northern BC challenge can ride the trail network at Pidherny or the extensive network at Caledonia Nordic. For an easy, relaxed ride with river views, cycle the Heritage River Trail, which follows the Nechako River as it merges with the mighty Fraser. For more information on trails, click here.
Prince George is ready to entertain you, no matter if you want to play hard, relax or take in the quiet moments. With four nearby cultural experiences – including an interactive historic site – and plenty of urban activities you’ll be spoiled for choice.
Escape To the Wilds
Within minutes, be immersed into the wilds of Prince George. Explore Cottonwood Island Nature Park with winding trails along the river and a birders paradise or venture to nearby Ancient Forest/Chun T’oh Whudjut Provincial Park – the only inland temperate rainforest in the world. For a full list of trails, click here.
Discover Those Who Came Before
Bring the people of the past to life, and discover the traditions and history of the local Lheidli T’enneh people, original homesteaders, gold miners and railroaders of yesterday.
There’s a lot to bite off, and a lot to chew. Prince George is home to a budding culinary scene and showcases a variety of farm-to-table eateries, gourmet bites and local watering holes – including one of the most northern wineries in Canada.
Basecamp to the North
- Get a behind the scenes look at The Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum.
- Outside of Prince George are lakes and rivers that are perfect for catching wild and stocked rainbow trout. Virtually explore these with Reel North Adventures.
- Digitally explore art at the Two Rivers Gallery.
- Travel through history and explore downtown Prince George in 1950.
- Learn about Prince George’s tallest celebrity, Mr. PG with a behind the scenes look at The Exploration Place Museum.
- With six featured golf courses comprising part of the Northern BC Golf Corridor, a trip to Prince George is the perfect golf getaway.