Packing for your trip? Here are some tips to help you pack with ease knowing that what you are bringing is permissible.
Below is a brief summary from the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) website listing items that are permissible through security. For a complete list of air travel prohibited items in Canada including baggage carry-on restrictions, please visit the CATSA What Can I Bring? page. For more information please visit www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca or phone 1 888 294 2202.
You can bring 100 ml or less of liquids, aerosols and/or gels providing that they are in containers with a capacity of no more than 100 ml and the total number of liquid containers must fit into a small plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 litre. One per person.
A few examples of items that are permissible in containers with a capacity of no more than 100 ml are:
- Lip stick, balm, gel or gloss
- Shampoos and conditioners
- Disposable lighters (e.g. non-refillable Bic type) and Zippo lighters are permitted (with carry-on baggage and not checked baggage). Lighters must be intended for personal use. A maximum of one lighter per person is allowed.
Some general exemptions which apply for medicines/medical products and baby products are:
- Baby formula, food, water and juice for passengers travelling with children who are two years old or younger. Passengers travelling with or without their child may bring breast milk in in quantities greater than 100 ml. You may bring gel or ice packs to keep your baby products cool.
- Liquid and gel-based prescription medications
- Essential non-prescription medicine, such as cough syrup, decongestant spray, contact lens solutions & eye drops
For more information please visit www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca or phone 1 888 294 2202.
If you have an item that is not permissible through security a screening officer will direct you to the Information Booth where there will be a few options available to you:
- Send it via courier to your home or destination
- Donate it to charity
The Information Booth is located on the Arrivals Level across from door 7 with the following hours of operation:
08:00 – 24:00 (Monday - Friday)
09:00 – 20:00 (Saturday)
09:00 – 24:00 (Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays)
- Valuable personal items such as electronics, wallets and keys should be packed in your carry-on bag prior to the security check.
- Do not wrap or package gifts so as to ensure easier inspections by security personnel.
- Please keep in mind that in general having fewer carry-on items speeds the screening process for everyone.
Please contact your airline to confirm details regarding the number and size of bags permitted.
Note: A shrink wrapping service is now available at our airport.
Transport Canada only permits two pieces of carry-on baggage per passenger. Please contact your airline to confirm details regarding the number and size of bags permitted.
For further information regarding items that are permissible in your carry-on baggage please visit www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca or phone 1 888 294 2202.