KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Flight Giveaway” Contest
No purchase required. Contest begins on March 25, 2022 at 3:30 pm local time in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and ends on March 30, 2022 at 12:00 pm local time in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. There is a total of one prize available to be won as follows: A travel voucher to be used towards two (2) non-stop flight from Edmonton to anywhere KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flies. Maximum value for two people not to exceed $3,000.00. Flights are to be booked by the expiry date stated on the flight certificate subject to flight availability and flight schedule. For non-Edmonton and area winners, the flights may originate from another Canadian city, but must connect in Edmonton (approximate retail value: $3000). Skill-testing question required. Open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received before contest closes. Unlimited entries. Full rules and entry details available at: www.flyeia.com.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Flight Giveaway” Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (herein, the “Contest Rules”)
1. Sponsor. The KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Flight Giveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Edmonton Regional Airports Authority, 1, 1000 Airport Road, Edmonton International Airport, Alberta, Canada T9E 0V3 (the “Sponsor”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any other parties.
Not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry and are legally permitted to travel to any destinations which may form a part of the prize(s), with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on March 25, 2022 at 7:00 am local time in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and ends on March 30, 2022 at 12:00 am local time in Edmonton,
Alberta, Canada (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
4. How to Enter. You can enter on Instagram by:
1. Following either of Edmonton International Airport’s Instagram channels (@flyeia or @flyeia_fr) and @KLM.
2. Sharing the contest post to an Instagram story and mention @flyeia or @flyeia_fr.
3. Mentioning friends in the post. There are unlimited entries.
For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Unlimited entries.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. Contest Prizes. There is a total of one prize available to be won as follows: A travel voucher to be used towards two (2) non-stop flight from Edmonton to anywhere KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flies. Maximum value for two people not to exceed $3,000.00. Flights are to be booked by the expiry date stated on the flight certificate subject to flight availability and flight schedule. For non-Edmonton and area winners, the flights may originate from another Canadian city, but must connect in Edmonton (approximate retail value: $3000).
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
7. Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email or Instagram direct message.
8. Winner Selection and Confirmation. On March 30, 2022 at 1:00 pm local time in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada at Edmonton International Airport 1, 1000 Airport Rd, Edmonton International Airport, AB T9E 0V3 (the “Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrants”). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (the “Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within 1 business days of the contest draw and will be contacted on Instagram direct message provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within 3 business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than April 3, 2022 Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by [he individual assigned to the Instagram account entered at the time of entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
9. Release and Indemnification. The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the ”Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not
limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage that the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
11. Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Any and all information provided in this contest provided to Sponsor not Instagram.
12. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Alberta, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Edmonton, Alberta.
13. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
14. Language Discrepancies. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to Contest entry forms, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
16. Currency. Unless otherwise stated, all references in this Agreement to dollar amounts, “dollars” or “$” are references to Canadian dollars.
© Edmonton Regional Airports Authority 2021. All Rights Reserved.