Aira Visual Interpreting App
Assistance for passengers who are blind or have low vision (Aira)
Aira is a visual interpreting service. Live, on-demand access to visual information. It’s an accommodation or productivity tool that connects you to live agents that can help users navigate through the airport.
Using the camera and an app on your smartphone, a trained agent will assist by visually interpreting your surroundings, from describing to reading, from explaining to navigating – just about anything, safely and securely.
How it works
- Download the Aira App on your smartphone through Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Open the Aira app and choose the prompt “Tap to use Aira as a Guest for FREE!”
- Register with an email and phone number and complete the signup process.
- You will receive a text message confirming your phone number.
- Tap the link in the text message to complete the signup process.
- Connect with an agent by tapping the phone icon.
Once connected, what do I do?
When you call an agent, the agent will ask what you’d like to do, and you simply state the task at hand. Aira agents require passengers with sight loss to have their mobility device (white cane or service animal) with them at all times.
All support or questions on the use of Aira should be directed to Aira during its hours of operation (7:00 am to 7:00 pm MST). Its toll-free customer service line is 1-800-835-1934.