Edmonton Transit’s route 747 is once again available for airline travellers. Schedule and rate information can be found online via the City of Edmonton.
EIA Ready – Arriving to EIA
Welcome to Edmonton. Travellers from outside of Canada will need to clear certain federal and provincial government health screening stations before being allowed to continue leaving from EIA.
All non-exempt travellers are legally required to follow provincial and federal requirements. Several categories of people are exempted from travel restrictions if they have no symptoms.
When you arrive at the Edmonton or Calgary airports from an international destination, such as the United States, you must:
- stop at the provincial checkpoint for screening:
- submit a questionnaire detailing your mandatory 14-day isolation plan
- undergo a touch-free temperature check using an infrared camera
- disclose any COVID-19 symptoms
- provide the Government of Canada basic information using the traveller contact information form, available through the ArriveCAN mobile app
- travel directly to your isolation location
- failure to comply with the mandatory requirements may result in:
• Contraventions Act fines of up to $1,000;
• Up to six months in prison; and/or
• Up to $750,000 in fines
- for details on the Government of Canada’s mandatory testing to enter Canada (effective January 7, 2021) visit this page
For details on additional measures, visit: alberta.ca/covid-19-travel-advice
All travellers returning from outside Canada are legally required provide a negative Covid test and to self-isolate for 14 days. Travellers must monitor for symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, or sore throat. If you become sick during this time, you must self-isolate for at least 10 additional days from all other members of your household from the beginning of symptoms or until you are feeling well, whichever takes longer.
All travellers should be advised that if they are required to self-isolate, they would be responsible for their own accommodations. If returning travellers require supports during this difficult time, they should call the Alberta Supports Contact Centre at 1-877-644-9992, in Edmonton 780-644-9992 or visit Government of Alberta Travel Advice
The on-airport transit now operates as an on-demand service and not a regular route. If you need transportation between the terminal building and another facility on airport property, please call 780 890 8983.
As of April 1, Sky Shuttle is no longer operating service to or from EIA.
Currently, rental vehicles at EIA are safest means to get home, other than your own personal vehicle. All rental companies are in operation.
We recommend booking a vehicle in advance to reduce contact on pick up.