WestJet announces Edmonton service to Huatulco
July 24, 2017 | General
Alberta’s hometown airline offers Edmonton guests more service than any other carrier
CALGARY/CNW/ – WestJet today announced new non-stop weekly service between Edmonton and Huatulco, Mexico, effective November 2, 2017. The service is part of the airline’s seasonal schedule for the winter of 2017-18 which includes more flights from Edmonton to Abbotsford, Victoria and Cancun.
“WestJet will increase service from Edmonton by 24 weekly flights this winter,” said Brian Znotins, WestJet Vice-President, Network Planning, Alliances and Corporate Development. “As the carrier providing more service from Edmonton International Airport than any other, WestJet is committed to providing new destinations and routes, more convenient connections and more opportunities for Edmontonians and Northern Albertans to access WestJet’s low fares, growing network and friendly, caring service.”
Details of WestJet’s new non-stop service between Edmonton and Huatulco:
|Edmonton – Huatulco||Weekly||10:30 a.m.||4:22 p.m.||Nov. 2, 2017|
|Huatulco – Edmonton||Weekly||5:25 p.m.||11:40 p.m.||Nov. 2, 2017|
One-way fares are available starting from:
Air transportation charges (ATC)
Base fare from
|*Book by July 31, 2017 (11:59 p.m. MT). Some restrictions apply. For full details please visit westjet.com/winterschedule.|
WestJet will also increase non-stop service between Edmonton and Abbotsford from 11 to 13 flights per week, and between Edmonton and Victoria from 10 to 13 flights per week.
“These new non-stop flights are great news for both leisure and business travel,” said Traci Bednard, EIA Vice President, Passenger Market Development. “For vacation travellers, Huatulco is an exciting, new sun destination and more flights to Cancun provide more scheduling options. On the business side, year-round service linking the provincial and national capitals is a major addition! These new flights are part of WestJet’s tremendous investment in Edmontonand Northern Alberta.”
WestJet also announced the addition of dozens of new flights across Canada. The additional flights deliver optimized service for both the business and leisure traveller and give Canadians greater connectivity into and out of WestJet hubs in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, providing more flight frequency between key routes, better scheduling and greater access from smaller airports into the wider WestJet network.
“Bolstering our service in Alberta is typical of the kind of difference we want to make for Canadian travellers,” said Brian Znotins. “The addition of more than 125 flights into and out of Edmonton and our hubs in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto creates one-stop connections, faster travel times and better scheduling to address the demand Canadians have for travel that is convenient, stress-free and low cost.”
Highlights of WestJet’s 2017-18 winter schedule include:
- New non-stop weekly service from Edmonton and Vancouver to Huatulco.
- New non-stop weekly service from Calgary to Belize City, Belize.
- Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Fort St. John, Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray.
- Extension of existing summer service increases through the winter, including three daily flights between Torontoand Moncton, six daily flights between Edmonton and Kelowna, and 12 weekly flights between Calgary and Houston.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Palm Springs and Puerto Vallarta.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Kitchener, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Kelowna and Brandon.
- An increase of 11 weekly flights between Toronto and Calgary for a total of 10 times daily, more than any other carrier.
- Service from both Regina and Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta will increase by one weekly flight for a total of twice weekly.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Antigua, Cancun, Fort Lauderdale, Liberia, Orlando, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Montego Bay.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian destinations including Winnipeg and Kelowna.
- An increase of 10 new weekly flights between Toronto and Ottawa for a total of 13 times daily.
- An increase of nine weekly flights between Toronto and Montreal for a total of 14 times daily.
- An increase of eight weekly flights between Toronto and Vancouver for a total of eight times daily.
This winter WestJet will operate an average of 700 daily flights to 93 destinations including 37 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 33 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and one in Europe.
We are proud to be Canada’s most trusted airline and one of very few airlines globally that does not commercially overbook. Together with our regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships. WestJet Vacations offers affordable, flexible vacations to more than 60 destinations and the choice of more than 800 hotels, resorts, condos and villas. Members of the WestJet Rewards program earn WestJet dollars on flights, vacation packages and more. Members use WestJet dollars towards the purchase of WestJet flights and vacations packages on any day, at any time, to any WestJet destination with no blackout periods ̶ even on seat sales.
Recent recognition includes:
2017/2016 Canada’s Most Trusted Airline (Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria)
2017 Best Airline in Canada and Travellers’ Choice Winner Mid-Sized and Low Cost Airlines – North America(TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice awards for Airlines)
2016 Canada’s most reputable company for Corporate Social Responsibility (Reputation Institute)
2016/2015/2014/2013/2012 Ranked top three for Canadian Brands (Canadian Business Magazine)
2016/2015/2014/2013 WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ranked #1 in Canada (MoneySense magazine)
2015/2011/2010/2008/2007/2006/2005 Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture (Waterstone Human Capital)
2015 Best Employers in Canada (Aon Hewitt)
Connect with WestJet on Facebook at facebook.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Twitter at twitter.com/westjet
Subscribe to WestJet on YouTube at youtube.com/westjet
Read the WestJet blog at blog.westjet.com