Travel tips for holiday season vacations
December 13, 2017 | General
(Edmonton, AB) – This holiday season, Edmonton International Airport (EIA) wants to make your holiday travel as easy and enjoyable as possible. EIA’s terminal also makes for a jolly experience with lots of festive cheer.
Shopping and dining
With 60 shops and restaurants, you will never be stuck for a gift idea or tasty meal at EIA. If you get here early, your last-minute holiday shopping is in hand.
Join flyeia.com/rewards today and enjoy these benefits:
- Complimentary premium Wi-Fi in terminal (five times the speed and unlimited time)
- Monthly discounts for parking, shopping and dining, including standard offers of:
- 25% off regular rates at the Plaza Premium Lounge
- Always save a minimum of 30% at jetSet youPark parking
Enter EIA’s Ho Ho Ho Holiday Fun Contest and win flights for two to any European city that KLM flies via Amsterdam on KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, and follow our Facebook page from December 11-22 for 12 Days of Christmas giveaways from restaurants, shops and services.
Art and Entertainment
We have performers to keep you entertained – EIA Live musical performers are all here to put you in the holiday spirit.
EIA has a selection of art displays that would make any gallery proud!
Every stage of your vacation should be stress free, and at EIA we are doing everything to ensure that your airport experience is as enjoyable as possible. It is easy to contact us for assistance or information:
- call toll free 1 800 268 7134
- local call 780 890 8382
- online www.flyeia.com
We are more than happy to respond between 8:00 am and midnight Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Saturday and 9:00 am to midnight Sunday (except on Sunday, December 24 when we are open until 8:00 pm). The Information Booth will be closed on Christmas Day.
At EIA, we’ll move you, by air and on the ground. Our Ground Transportation Office can help you find the most convenient transportation to and from the airport (Phone: 780 890 8553, ext.1 or Toll free: 1 800 268 7134).
- Edmonton Transit System Route 747 can get you and your luggage to EIA in just 17 minutes from the Century Park LRT station for only $5. You can even enjoy free Wi-Fi on the bus, just as you can at EIA.
- Leduc Transit #3 can take you between the City of Leduc and EIA.
- Skyshuttle can get you to hotels and other important spots across the city (such as West Edmonton Mall) easily and affordably.
- Airport Taxi Service, Co-op Taxi Line, Greater Edmonton Taxi Service, 24-7 Taxi Line and Air Limousine service work with EIA to get you to and from your flight without delay.
- TappCar can now take you between EIA and anywhere in the Edmonton Metro Region.
- Car rentals at EIA are available from Alamo, AVIS, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
IPark on the right side of the highway within walking distance or a short shuttle ride from the terminal. From first class valet service to affordable surface lot parking, EIA has a parking spot for every need. Explore our parking options and make your reservation at flyeia.com/parking. Or check out our parking partner, jetSet Parking to up save 30 percent on your next visit. WestJet guests can check-in and drop their bags for at the jetSet main office or tag their own bags for any flight at the shelters.
No matter where you park at EIA, we’ll boost your car, refill your tires, help find your car or dig you out for free if you need it – 24/7. Call EIA Park Assist any time at 780 890 8983.
We have volunteers ready to help you check in, check your baggage and clear security easily.
- You can use airlines’ online check in services and print your boarding passes ahead of time and then tag your own bags at an airport kiosk.
- NEXUS card holders can enjoy faster entrance to the US and Canada by using the Fly Thru/NEXUS security line.
- For travel originating from another airport, EIA’s US Connections service will transfer your bags directly to your US connecting flight, allowing you to check in with ease and then relax.
- The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has a list of items you can and cannot bring in carry-on or checked luggage
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Primary Inspection Kiosks (PIK) mean that you no longer have to fill out a customs card when you return to EIA. Download the eDeclaration mobile app from CBSA and you can fill the information on your phone before you arrive, or just enter the information in to the Kiosks.
Enjoy your holiday!