It’s the most, busiest time of the year at EIA!
Fly through your shopping at EIA
(Edmonton, AB) – This holiday season, Edmonton International Airport (EIA) wants to make your holiday travel as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Arrive early, depart on time
The number of travellers in the airport during the holiday season is expected to be 20 per cent higher than usual, with up to 25,000 people per day flying and 50,000 or more dropping them off or greeting them. The Canadian Air Transportation Security Authority (CATSA) will be fully staffed at EIA’s new Central Security, but more people can create longer lines and more time. Most Christmas flights are full so if you miss your flight, you may not be able to rebook. EIA recommends you arrive two hours before domestic departure times and three hours before international departures so you can travel worry-free.
We have volunteers ready to help you check in, check your baggage and clear security easily.
- Use airlines’ online check in services and print your boarding passes ahead of time and then tag your own bags at an airport kiosk.
- EIA’s map app flyeia.com/ can easily find anything in the terminal for you
- NEXUS card holders can enjoy faster entrance to the US and Canada by using the Fly Thru/NEXUS security line.
- The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has a list of items you can and cannot bring in carry-on or checked luggage and online wait times
Arriving at EIA
- If arriving from another airport, EIA’s US Connections service will transfer your bags directly to your US connecting flight, allowing you to check in with ease and then relax.
- When returning to Canada, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Primary Inspection Kiosks (PIK) mean that you no longer have to fill out a customs card. Before you fly, download the eDeclaration mobile app from CBSA and you can fill the information on your phone before you arrive, or just enter the information in to the Kiosks.
Shopping and dining
With 60 shops and restaurants, you will never be stuck for a gift idea or tasty meal at EIA. If you arrive early, your last-minute holiday shopping is in hand.
Join flyeia.com/rewards today and enjoy these benefits:
- You’ll be automatically entered to win our prizes
- Monthly discounts for parking, shopping and dining, including standard offers of:
- 25% off regular rates at the Plaza Premium Lounge
- Always save a minimum of 30% at jetSet youPark parking
Art and Entertainment
We have performers to keep you entertained – EIA Live musical performers are all here to put you in the holiday spirit. There are even school choirs each morning and afternoon, weekdays until December 21.
EIA has a selection of art displays that would make any gallery proud!
EIA even has Pet therapy dogs to help travellers relax and airport volunteers assisting early morning travellers.
Every stage of your vacation should be stress free, and at EIA we are doing everything to ensure that your airport experience is as enjoyable as possible. It is easy to contact us for assistance or information:
We are more than happy to respond between 8:00 am and midnight Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Saturday and 9:00 am to midnight Sunday (except on both Monday, December 24 and Monday, December 31 when we are open until 8:00 pm). The Information Booth will be closed on Christmas Day.
At EIA, we’ll move you, by air and on the ground. Our Ground Transportation Office can help you find the most convenient transportation to and from the airport (Phone: 780 890 8553, ext.1 or Toll free: 1 800 268 7134).
- Edmonton Transit System Route 747 can get you and your luggage to EIA in just 17 minutes from the Century Park LRT station for only $5. You can even enjoy free Wi-Fi on the bus, just as you can at EIA.
- Leduc Transit #3 and Leduc Transit #10 can take you between the City of Leduc and EIA.
- Skyshuttle can get you to hotels and other important spots across the city (such as West Edmonton Mall) easily and affordably.
- Airport Taxi Service, Co-op Taxi Line, Greater Edmonton Taxi Service, 24-7 Taxi Line and Air Limousine service work with EIA to get you to and from your flight without delay.
- TappCar and Uber can now take you between EIA and anywhere in the Edmonton Metro Region.
- Car rentals at EIA are available from Alamo, AVIS, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Park on the right side of the highway within walking distance or a short shuttle ride from the terminal. From first class valet service to affordable surface lot parking, EIA has a parking spot for every need. Explore our parking options and make your reservation at flyeia.com/parking. Or check out our parking partner, jetSet Parking to up save 30 percent on your next visit. WestJet guests can check-in and drop their bags for at the jetSet main office or tag their own bags for any flight at the shelters.
No matter where you park at EIA, we’ll boost your car, refill your tires, help find your car or dig you out for free if you need it – 24/7. Call EIA Park Assist any time at 780 890 8983.
There is plenty of shopping at EIA before you even get to the terminal, so maybe leave yourself a little extra time to visit Costco or the Premium Outlet Collection EIA visit the Century Mile Racetrack and Casino or even stay at the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel or the new Fairfield by Marriott EIA.
Enjoy your holiday!
c: 780 700 3596