YEG Master Plan 2048
Big plans to serve a growing population
Our region is growing.
The Edmonton Metro Region population is expected to nearly double from approximately 1.2 million people in 2014 to approximately 2.2 million people in 2044 (Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board).
With this tremendous growth comes increased air travel and demand for new services and developments.
The YEG Master Plan, which we update every 10 years, guides the development of the airport facilities and services over a 25 year time frame.
It is an adaptable blueprint that guides how and where we expand and develop our services while keeping under consideration the changing economic, social, environmental and regulatory conditions at the time.
Throughout the Master Planning process we seek input from our stakeholders and the public to incorporate into our long-term vision and planning efforts.
YEG Master Plan 2048 milestones
- Project resourcing and execution strategy
- Air traffic and passenger forecasting
- Airfield and terminal planning
- Stakeholder engagement
- Continued airfield and terminal planning
- Groundside planning
- Continued stakeholder engagement
- Planning paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Restart Master Plan stakeholder and Indigenous engagement
- Public feedback survey
- Restart site assessments
- Document development
- Document preparations
- Final stakeholder review
- Master Plan 2048 finalization and submission to Transport Canada