EIA is driven by our commitment to excellence in our internal operations and external partnerships.
We’re honoured to be recognized by these awards.
2020 – Airport Health Accreditation Programme
- EIA has been accredited by Airports Council International (ACI) under its rigorous Airport Health Accreditation Programme. The accreditation means EIA is meeting high standards on how it has responded to COVID-19 and passenger safety concerns.
2020 – Airport Experience Award
- On March 4, 2020, Edmonton International Airport was recognized in the category of ‘Airport with the Best Overall Program’ at The Airport Experience Awards ceremony, held at the Gaylord Rockies Convention Center in Denver, CO
2019 – Balchen/Post Award
- Awarded for outstanding snow and ice control at an airport
2019 – Canadian Parking Association Awards
- Canadian Parking Foundation – Ed Keate Award
2019 – Maintenance Team of the Year
Awarded to EIA for national excellence in maintenance programs.
2019 – ACI-NA Concessions Awards
- Best Retail Program – Medium Airport 1st Place
- Best Food & Beverage Program – Medium Airport 2nd Place
2019 – Alberta’s Top 75 Employers
Topping up maternity benefits to 93% and encouraging fitness are just two of the reasons why EIA is a Top Alberta Employer.
Learn more about why Edmonton Airports is a Top Employer:
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2010
2018 – Airports Council International North America (ACI-NA) Marketing and Communications Awards
- Annual Report – Honourable Mention
- Community Outreach: International Student Welcome Program – Honourable Mention
- Newsletters: EIA rewards – Honourable Mention
2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2010, 2009, 2008
2018 – Marketing Excellence Alto Award – Marketing Partnership
“KLM Sneeuwzeker Deals” – Edmonton Tourism, Edmonton International Airport, Tourism Jasper & Marmot Basin
2018 National Philanthropy Day Awards
EIA was recognized by Youth Empowerment Support Services (YESS) for our ongoing support.
Airports Council International (ACI) Awards
- 2017 Airport Carbon Accreditation Level 1 (excellence in managing and reducing C02 emissions)
- 2017 First Place for Best Retail Program
- 2017 Second Place for Best Food and Beverage Program
- Past Awards: 2012, 2010
- 2016 – Safety Partner Recognition Award Ceremony
- 2016 ‘Best Airport by Region’
Additional 2017 Awards
ACE (Advertising Club of Edmonton) Awards: Annual Report 2015
Additional 2016 Awards
Marketing Mag Marketing Award 2016: Annual Report 2014 ‘Non-stop’
Airport Revenue News 2016:
- Best Concessions Management Team (March)
- Best performing airport in North America in terms of sales per enplaned passenger (excluding duty free)
ACE (Advertising Club of Edmonton) Awards 2016: Annual Report 2014, Brand Pride Book
LEED® Gold certification 2016: Expansion 2012 and Central Tower
- EIA was the first Canadian airport to receive this level of recognition
BOMA Certificate of Building Excellence 2016: Air Terminal Building
- This rigorous certification program involves a written submission and an on-site visit. Evaluation is based on: building management and operations, community impact, tenant relations, energy and environment management, emergency preparedness and training building personnel.
BOMA The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) 2016: Air Terminal Building
- The TOBY® Awards is the most prestigious and comprehensive program in the commercial real estate industry recognizing quality in commercial real estate buildings and rewarding excellence in building management.
Additional 2015 Awards
Building Engineering Award of Excellence 2015: Edmonton International Airport Offices and Control Tower
IABC Awards 2015: Award of Merit ‘EIA Brand Pride Book’
ACE (Advertising Club of Edmonton) Awards 2015: Annual Report
Government of Alberta Certificate of Recognition for excellence in occupational health and safety
The Certificate of Recognition (COR™) is an occupational health and safety program accreditation for industry employers aimed at reducing the human and financial costs associated with workplace accidents and injuries.
Venture Publishing Inc Alberta’s Best Workplace 2015 – Health & Safety
Additional 2014 Awards
Certificate of Building Excellence 2014: Central Tower
The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) 2014: Central Tower
Additional 2013 Awards
Ad Club of Edmonton (ACE) Award of Distinction, Art Direction 2013: Christmas Campaign
Percy Wickman Accessibility Award 2013: for Expansion 2012
Mayor’s Award for Architectural Design Accessibility 2013